In 2017 the Voices Now Festival further developed its approach to bringing the choirs together with professional artists to curate and plan the festival themselves.
- Ten choirs then came together to plan and develop ideas for the festival
- They were supported by artists curators Willy Mason, Mara Carlyle, Natalie Williams, Osnat Schmool & Tobias Hug
- They all worked together alongside movement director Sabina Netherclift to create a festival that truly represented the the choirs involved but also showcased completely new collaborations and partnerships between the choirs.
- The festival was artistically challenging for all those involved and feedback suggests it has had the most impact on the ongoing practice of the choirs involved of all the festivals so far.
- Over 50 rehearsals and workshops with choirs involved in the main stage and 6 open public workshops during the festival weekend involving over 1000 participants.
- 30 Choirs took part in the ever popular Voices Now Open Stages at the Roundhouse and Camden Market
- All the choirs performed to audiences of over 10,000 people over the course of the weekend
Have a look at our documentary from the weekend:
Read our Evaluation Report of the Voices Now Festival 2017 here – VN Key Statistics 2017.