Are you passionate about choirs? Are you knowledgeable about your area?
Help us find all the choirs in the UK.
Voices Now is undertaking the largest choir census ever done in the UK in order to help develop support for choral singing.
We think the number of singing ensembles, professional or amateur, is hugely under-reported and want to help change that perception.
There a loads of choir networks and organisations in the UK but there are quite literally thousands of choirs out there who are just doing it on their own. The challenge of this survey is to reach choirs in every part of the UK, and that is why we need your help.
We are looking for 20-30 Choral Investigators who can help us make this the most comprehensive survey yet. This is a volunteer role which only entails a few hours a week of research and networking with choirs.
Dates: January 2017 – July 2017
Your commitment to the role would be for 6 months from early January to early July when you will be invited to join us at the Voices Now Festival at the Roundhouse in London for the launch of the report in July.
To support Voices Now in its mission to find all the choirs in the UK by:
- Asking your friends, colleagues and networks where you live about the choirs they know and the people they know who sing in choirs.
- Committing to a couple of hours research every week for 6 months into choirs in your area/region.
- Being the eyes and ears of Voices Now in your area, keeping a look out for choirs in unusual places in your area/region.
- Encouraging all the people you come across through this work to fill in the survey or to help them fill it in with you.
- interested in choirs
- good knowledge of their local area, city or region
- internet research skills
- good communication skills
– good social media skills
To get involved email Elise at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.